Payoff/Lien Release

How to Request a Payoff Statement

Note: These do not apply for the Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP).

If you require a payoff statement, please complete the form below, select “Payoff” as the request type, and click “submit.” This request should only be made for loans that are anticipated to close within 60 days.

The following documents must be attached to the form in order to process your request:

  • A signed borrower authorization form or letter from the borrower authorizing release of information and to whom the information may be released with contact information (email/address/phone number)
  • Verification of address of the borrower, (if applicable)

How to Request a Release of Lien

  • To request a lien release for a loan that has been paid in full or fully forgiven, please complete the form below, select “Lien Release” as request type, and click “submit”. You will receive a confirmation of your submission via email.
  • Please include as much information as possible to include borrower’s name and property address.
  • Please provide a copy of the recorded deed of trust you need to have released and/or proof of payoff, if available.
  • Upon verification of all information, DCHFA will execute the release, provide a copy to the requestor, and send the original to the District of Columbia Recorder of Deeds to be properly recorded.

Single Family Payoff & Lien Request Form

PayoffLien Release

DC Open DoorsHomeSaverReMITOther

Requestor's Contact Information

Translate »